Fire protection systems are mainly composed of 2 types of systems:
Detection – Fire extinguishing
The two are linked to provide a complete container fire protection system.
Description of the fire detection system:
The detection of the fire is made by a thermosensitive cable positioned on the ceiling of the container or by thermal detectors.
The container is divided into three different rooms: fuel bath, main diesel engine room (with batteries) and local control panel room.
- Two straight cables are installed on the ceiling of the room that houses the first two rooms.
- The two cables are installed on parallel tracks; each trace covers the ceilings of the two rooms.
- A manual call point (push button) is located on the outside for the manual alarm
- There is also an acoustic-visual alarm installed on the outer wall of the container to provide an optical and acoustic signal in the event of a fire detection.
- This system is directly connected to the “protective fire unit” (FPP) panel, which detaches and is installed in a dedicated control room.
The fire alarm is also displayed on FB.
After the activation of two linear heat detectors (2oo2), the heating cables give a signal to the PPF which provides the information platform of ESD (B8-73-AU-112/212). In this condition, the fire protection system is activated automatically, as described in paragraph 4.2.1.
In the event of a linear heat detector failure, the Logis 2oo2 and 1oo1 are reversed to the activation of a heat detector causing the same actions as the 2oo2 logic indicated above.
A fire alarm, the external siren sounds and the signal is activated a visual signal to warn the operator of the presence of fires (73-HRN-131/231) and / or impending discharge for extinction.
Manual fire alarm:
The irrigation system is also equipped with a manual alarm point: the operator can manually activate the alarm in the event of a fire by pressing the external button (73-HS-121/221).
Extension of the system philosophy:
The diesel engine contained in the container is protected by a fire suppression system 541 GI, consisting of Main and RESERV, which can be activated automatically or manually.
Automatic extinguishing printing system activated
Automatic activation is only allowed from with / without the selector (B8-73-HS-114/214) is placed in the INCLUDED state.
The IG 541 automatic drain system is controlled by the fire alarm system, the fire alarm control unit, which supplies voltage to the solenoid of the 24V solenoid valve mounted on the pilot bottle tap.